JUST ANiME CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST ANiME CLUB

Jordan University of Science and Technology anime fans

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?

Go down 
+7
abarayrinji
ammar-san
dent_gakusei
Shado-san
YzN
Admin
kanji_chan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female
Number of posts : 280
Favorite Anime : Death Note, Meitantei Conan
Major : Computer Engineering
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 pm

I would like to know about each one's motivation to study the language.. why do you study nihongo? or why do you like Japan.
I will answer about me later Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nippon86.blogspot.com
Admin
Straw Hat
Straw Hat
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 962
Favorite Anime : One Piece
Major : Computer science
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 5:50 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm the first thing i luv anime and i want have more one Language..

Last edited by on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://a7medjo.blogspot.com/
YzN
The Anime Media Center Moderator
The Anime Media Center Moderator
YzN

Male
Number of posts : 1929
Favorite Anime : One Piece || Bleach
Major : Electronics and Communications Engineering

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:28 pm

first of all ANIME of course....i wish i can watch anime without reading subs or waiting for episodes to be subbed...i want to watch it raw and of course to able to understand whats going on.
I also like the Japanese life style its full of spirituality and respect; everything is in order even when its random it's still organized.
Now i like it even more after i started learning nihongo.
Back to top Go down
Shado-san

Shado-san

Male
Number of posts : 31
Favorite Anime : Bleach, Death Note, Midori....
Major : Computer Science

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Ok, mine is gonna be long. Unlike others, its not animes that made me wanna learn japanese. Apart from English which is a mandatory subject here, I took 2 courses in French. I love languages because I'm hoping I'll travel the world someday, get to know different countries and cultures. It began when I watched the first season of HEROES last December. There is this character, a japanese guy (Hiro Nakamura) who has the ability to freeze time. It was strange to see and hear the japanese lang in an american show. Right from the first ep. I fell in love and added Japanese to my list of fav. languages. After HEROES, my friend (Hadi) gave me an anime (Midori no hibi). It was kind of weird to watch a cartoon at my age (havent watched one for years) but hey, there's alittle child in each and every one of us. I loved Midori, and so my journey with animes began (a slow journey I migh add Embarassed Very Happy ).
When the ad for the japanese language course appeared in uni, I decided that it was time I begin making something come true (I hope an english literature dude doesnt see this sentence Embarassed ) and here I am. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dent_gakusei

Male
Number of posts : 1
Favorite Anime : Doraemon
Major : Dentistry
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 pm

For me i like watching the Japanese series rather than anime...but i also like anime especially Doraemon....hahaha... i hope someday i can understand & speak Nihongo fluently....so i can understand during watching the Japanese series without reading the english subtitles...insyalla after grad from JUST i plan to travel to Japan...
Back to top Go down
ammar-san

ammar-san

Male
Number of posts : 75
Favorite Anime : maroku
Major : medical E.
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:21 pm

i think the mean purpose of learning nihongo is to achive 6 language ,
i am really sure that nihongo wasn't in my mind, but i will go on no matter
what happend.
at least if i haven't find what i love i will love what i find.scratch

tsudzuku.
Back to top Go down
abarayrinji

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:47 am

of course anime come first and I kind like ninja stuff since I was verey little kid so ...
Back to top Go down
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male
Number of posts : 2515
Favorite Anime : Code Geass
Major : Biomedical Engineering
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 pm

good question .. every one keep asking me ( why do you love japanese language ? ) after they know that I am learning it .
In fact .. there is more than one reason for that ..

The first reason is ............ anime of course .
the first anime I had seen ( in nihongo ) was the movie 10 of meitantei Conan , and that was the first step for me in japanese anime and japanese language , I liked there way of speaking and I wanted to know more about this language .

The second reason is that I hate english way of talking ( I am not talking about the American and British way of speaking ) , what I mean is ... let's say : the repeated consonantal letters ( vowelless letters ) [ الأحرف الساكنة المتتابعة ] like the words [ stress , stream , splotch , sculpt ] ; I think that's enough , I don't want to start an english lesson Smile . The thing is I like to motivate the words like arabic talking [ we have ( أحرف مد وحركات ) ] and in nihongo most of letters followed by ( a,o,i,u,e ) and that's make it easier to spell .

The third reason is that my love for nihongo is increasing by time , every time I learned a new word I wanted to know more and more , I hear my heart saying ( motto .. motto .. ganbatte kudasai cheers ) .

The fourth reason is japan itself and its people ... they have many words for polite speak , they even stand up after WW2 and reach this technological level between countries , they have spirit and endeavor to reach the top .

Sorry for all that talking , I think I will not stop if I want to say why I love nihongo , I think these reasons are enough so far .

amani sensei ... I am waiting to know your reasons .
mata ne

Last edited by on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://biraru.blogspot.com
ra200sh-cartoon

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 10:20 am

Well, I like to travel to a place that is completely different and unique:shock: ; I want to feel that i am in a different dimension and in a parallel universe. Sound crazy:confused: but I fell in love with thier amazing traditions and culture.

I love nihon , in fact i think that if i go there i will not feel that i am in a different country i will feel that i am home:queen: .

i love to draw and i am good at it so i start watching more cartoons, recently i have watched a lot of cartoons to improve my drawing , so anime wasn't the main reason:x .

learning Japanese was one of my dreams and i am glad to tell you that you made one of my dreams true so:cheers: , arigatu from my heart:P

Back to top Go down
mun87eer

mun87eer

Male
Number of posts : 7
Major : mechanical engineering
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:53 pm

to me i study nihongo because i would like to complete my study there as the japanese are the best on Mechatronics which is my Senmon and i love my major so much so i love nihongo...Very Happy:)
Back to top Go down
Maramu-chan

Maramu-chan

Female
Number of posts : 16
Major : Speech Pathology
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:33 am

Well,,, as a person who very much likes to organize everything, I've put a point in my future where I wanna live in a foreign country for sometime, maybe study there for a while… up until recently, that country was The States, but after being exposed to Nippon and it's amazing culture, weird yet captivating tradition, pro-family environment… etc. Plus, they have ways in viewing… well… EVERYTHING, that is waaay different from the view we're used to (either Arab or Western) that, personally, makes my curiosity meter reach its peak.

When you hear and read about their technology progress, their scientific developments, their plans for the future of their country, you can't help but wanna see it with your own eyes to believe it, and maybe,,, just maybe,,, if someday I felt that I've earned it, be a part of that.

Another motivation is my major, I study Speech Pathology. In my opinion, the more languages a speech therapist knows, the more advantages patients will get…

A general dream that lies in the horizon, the unity of the world, peace in particular… the more languages I learn, the better I can communicate with everyone, the more people I can help around our world equally… why not?...

Last point, it would be easier to watch doramas without pausing to read the looong subtitles… ^_^

(sensei, I still don't think it's good enough)
Back to top Go down
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:44 pm

e7em! does that mean its my turn? σ(^_^; )
ok desu!but im warning you...Nippon and nihongo are like 98% of my life so..its tooo looong..ill just post a summary(*NEW summarized version*) :

*Because of their rich culture, their organized way of life, team work and their respect of time and themselves. These people are exceptional..a simple example is how they reached what they are now even after WWII.

*Anime, drama, J-pop..etc improve my nihongo , so i like them

*There is something very special about their dramas,anime or songs..they always have deep meanings and ALWAYS inspire me..if you wana learn about friendship,courage,love,dreams,hardwork, life goalsand all the good qualities, i recommend the works of Japan.

*As a computer engineer, i love electronics devices and new technologies..Japan is a great place for these things Very Happy

*I was exposed to Japan early through arabic dubbed anime and video games in Japanese

* i know there are alot of people sharing this interest, that's why this is helping me keeping it until now ^^

* I love KANJI..even though i don't know them all, but i will "CATCH" 'em all Razz

*The annual Japanese language speech contest is a keyword! I usually get motivated to work harder by seeing people better than me in nihongo or in any other thing..that's what happened last year. This year i was #1 ^^

And they lived happily ever after!Razz (yes me and nihongo) Very Happy
So it is because Japan is where nihongo is spoken, is where i will complete my master inshalla ,because it makes a great part of my life and because its the country of technology and anime. (of course no country is perfect, even Japan..but it is good enough for me ^^ )
mata ne!

Last edited by on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:24 pm

wow, I've just finished reading it, let's take a breath firstly ... Surprised

mmm... , it's a nice interesting exciting long story .
I thought no one will post a reply longer than mine . Smile

Amani Sensei ,
you worked hard ... so you got what you wanted .
Don't ever stop believing in yourself , keep walking in the way you want until you reach the top .
Don't become content with what you learned, keep learning and always ask for more and more knowledge .
Always remember that there is friends encouraging you and remembering you , although I knew you just a month ago ; you make me love nihongo more and learn it more and more .
In Sha' ALLAH you will complete your master in Japan and you will become the manager of a famous games company ( Mintendo ) as you wrote in your manga . Smile

[ And they lived happily ever after! ] , you and nihongo ? Razz

Question : What is JICA exactly refer to ? Question is it mean jordanian nihongo learners ?
Back to top Go down
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:56 pm

BME san,
arigatou for the encouraging words!
even though the question was why u study japanese i went far and told my life story! Razz lool i feel like removing it! Embarassed

JICA is Japan International Cooperation Agency. Its an agency that helps with social and economical development projects in developing countries..(bel 3arabi masharee3 tanmawiyye)..

There is a JICA office in alot of countries and Jordan has one.
And they offer language courses given by the volunteering teachers.
So JICA isn't mainly a place for nihongo courses..they just offer courses beside their economical and social development projects.

And when did u read my manga? Razz that was only for fun i am not aiming at becoming a games company manager Razz and i still ddn't fulfill the "sitting under a sakura tree" part of my dream Very Happy

..another thing, i will never stop learning Japanese, the more i learn the more i love it..and i promised myself i wont stop until i master it like a native speaker!
Back to top Go down
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:51 pm

Amani Sensei ,
Arigatou for information about JICA .

I liked your manga , espicially the end , I didn't expected it will be a dream . Very Happy
Maybe you don't know but your manga has became famous , and the world is waiting for the next chapter , I even sent it to ( Aoyama Gousho ) to make an anime based on it ................. chotto matte ....... I am just kidding . Razz

In fact; in the last two days I have scanned your blog post by post ( like step by step Razz ) , and I reached the post when you came from japan , I will complete the rest today or tomorrow , you wrote about too many nice topics , I wished if I knew your blog long time ago ( why didn't you teach us nihongo before this semester Question Sad )

By the way; about sakura ... I have a nice topic about it , and a very very very nice pictures for sakura , it's really kawaii pictures which made me feel like I'm standing in front of sakura trees , I planning to put the topic here in the forum but I think I shall translate it from arabic to english first and I don't know when I will do that .
Back to top Go down
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:07 am

Sensei , why did you summarize your story ? Surprised
I think it will encourage nihongo learners to keep studing nihongo until they reach thier dreams like you . Smile
Back to top Go down
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:11 am

lool because that looked so silly! ^^;
Actually i needed to write about my journey with nihongo for myself, so i saved it for myself. And being proud about past achievements is useless, the important thing is what someone will do next. right? Wink

sakura no shashin wo tanoshimi ni shite imasu! = I'm looking forward for pics of sakura.
..you can put anything in place of "sakura no shashin" to say "im looking forward for ..."
I'm glad u liked my blog ^^
why i didn't teach nihongo before that?
1) maybe i wasn't good enough
2) i didn't have time, this semester i only have 6 credit hours, so i can Very Happy

mata ne!
Back to top Go down
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:16 am

kanji_chan wrote:
And being proud about past achievements is useless, the important thing is what someone will do next. right? Wink
mata ne!

Will, I think you're right , but it's not silly , I think it's a good story about struggle, believing, and proving your way of ninja~..... I mean of life . Smile

I will post a topic about Sakura but I will put the article another day , it will be just the pictures for now , is it good ?

arigatou for this information; [next class] wo tanoshimi ni shite imasu! Very Happy

Sensei; Next semester you have 0 credit hours, so you have more time to teach us nihongo , ne ? ...... neee ? Razz

mata ne !

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:03 pm

sou desu! kore wa watashi no nindou da! = that's right. this is my way of ninja! Very Happy
and yea mochiron, take your time for the sakura post.
About next semester...we will see what happens until that time comes! ^^

mata ne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?   Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do you study Japanese? / Why do you like Japan?
Page 1 of 1