JUST ANiME CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST ANiME CLUB

Jordan University of Science and Technology anime fans

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YzN
The Anime Media Center Moderator
YzN

Male
Number of posts : 1929
Favorite Anime : One Piece || Bleach
Major : Electronics and Communications Engineering
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Empty
PostSubject: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Wibree

Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Image-10

Wibree is a digital radio technology (intended to become an open standard of wireless communications) designed for ultra low power consumption (button cell batteries) within a short range (10 meters / 30 ft) based around low-cost transceiver microchips in each device.

History

In 2001, Nokia researchers determined that there were various scenarios that contemporary wireless technologies did not address. To address the problem, Nokia Research Center started the development of a wireless technology adapted from the Bluetooth standard which would provide lower power usage and price while minimizing difference between Bluetooth and the new technology. The results were published in 2004 using the name Bluetooth Low End Extension . After further development with partners, e.g., within EU FP6 project MIMOSA, the technology was released to public in October 2006 with brand name Wibree. After negotiations with Bluetooth SIG members, in June 2007, an agreement was reached to include Wibree in future Bluetooth specification as an ultra-low-power Bluetooth technology.

Technical information

Wibree is designed to work side-by-side with and complement Bluetooth. It operates in 2.4 GHz ISM band with physical layer bit rate of 1 Mbit/s. Main applications include devices such as wrist watches, wireless keyboards, toys and sports sensors where low power consumption is a key design requirement. The technology was announced on 3 October 2006 by Nokia . Partners that currently license the technology and cooperate in defining the specification are Nordic Semiconductor, Broadcom Corporation, CSR and Epson. Other contributors are Suunto and Taiyo Yuden.
Wibree is not designed to replace Bluetooth, but rather to complement the technology in supported devices. Wibree-enabled devices will be smaller and more energy-efficient than their Bluetooth counterparts. This is especially important in devices such as wristwatches, where Bluetooth models may be too large and heavy to be comfortable. Replacing Bluetooth with Wibree will make the devices closer in dimensions and weight to current standard wristwatches.
Bob Iannucci, head of Nokia's Research Centre, claims the technology is up to ten times more efficient than Bluetooth. Reportedly, it will have an output power around -6 dBm . Nordic Semiconductor is aiming to sample Wibree chips during the second half of 2007.

Source : Wikipedia
Back to top Go down
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female
Number of posts : 280
Favorite Anime : Death Note, Meitantei Conan
Major : Computer Engineering

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:15 pm

YzN san,
thanks so much for the information^^ I remember i read about it one day.
I'm interested in wireless communication actually, did you see WiTricity on my blog? I think enno ishi bihemmak Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://nippon86.blogspot.com
YzN
YzN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:27 pm

I haven't seen it yet...but I will see it now nshallah

From the name I think it has something to do in wireless electricity distribution...
anyway halla2 bashoof

Thank you sensei
Back to top Go down
YzN
YzN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:58 pm

hehe I was right Very Happy
I have a high Communications Engineering sense Laughing

I'm interested in those subjects specially the revolutionary Tech ones "not the boring Books theories"
I know that they are the source but learning them in their Applications is better than wasting time in the Math behind them
Back to top Go down
kanji_chan
Amani sensei
Amani sensei
kanji_chan

Female
Number of posts : 280
Favorite Anime : Death Note, Meitantei Conan
Major : Computer Engineering

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:26 pm

High Comm. Engineering sense! Laughing a new variation of Engineering sense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://nippon86.blogspot.com
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male
Number of posts : 2515
Favorite Anime : Code Geass
Major : Biomedical Engineering
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:50 pm

おもしろい
dawaweeeen Smile

It's really interesting ..
we talked about this Yzn san when we were going to Amman that day , lamma konna 2a3deen 3al looj Razz

Waiting for Amani san to take master degree and invent something more sugoi , I will be thankful if you invented a device for Witravel as we agreed ^^

I really need this device Wink

Back to top Go down
http://biraru.blogspot.com
YzN
YzN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:02 pm

BME2003 wrote:

It's really interesting ..
we talked about this Yzn san when we were going to Amman that day , lamma konna 2a3deen 3al looj Razz

tenzeker o ma ten3aad Razz kanat tarwee7a eshe "dawaween monshake7a"

BME2003 wrote:

Waiting for Amani san to take master degree and invent something more sugoi , I will be thankful if you invented a device for Witravel as we agreed ^^

I really need this device Wink

Very Happy me too !
Back to top Go down
BIRARU
Biraru san
BIRARU

Male
Number of posts : 2515
Favorite Anime : Code Geass
Major : Biomedical Engineering
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:05 pm

YzN wrote:
dawaween monshake7a

halla2 ballasht tefhamni 7a9 Razz
Back to top Go down
http://biraru.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth   Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wibree : Next Gen of Bluetooth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JUST ANiME CLUB :: MAiN FORUM :: Computer & Technology-
Jump to: